Thursday, October 8, 2020

WHAT DO YOU WORSHIP

100th blog post! Who would have thought I had so much to say? Well, several people know how much I have to say, especially my wife. This blog was started to share stories of my outdoor experiences and how it’s one of my main ways of connecting with God. It has been a little over four years since the first post. I am grateful for the friend who encouraged me to move forward with it, and my wife who proofreads each one to make sure I don’t sound like the grammatically challenged person I am. And thank you to everyone who reads it, shares it with your friends, and gives me feedback. I truly appreciate it! Anyway, this is not an awards ceremony; if it were, the music would have started playing after the first sentence…see, I do have a lot to say.

God’s creation of the outdoors has always attracted and impressed me - from the brilliant trinkling stars millions of miles away, to the shaded cool blades of grass, and all the magnificent and unique creatures that inhabit it. I can see the beauty in all of it (except snakes, snakes just creep me out)! The uniqueness and variety in all creatures and plants seems too perfect to just be happenstance…us humans included.

Spending time in the outdoors has really become a passion of mine. Whether it is a casual walk down the street, a hike through rolling bluffs, or hunting in any terrain, I love it! It came to mind recently, that as much as I love and appreciate the creation of the outdoors, it’s just one of the many greats on the list of things that God created. It is a majestic “thing” with grand splendor, but not as grand as the creator Himself. It is easy to get distracted and worship that one person, place, or thing we desire, but it is good to remember who gifted that to us.

 

The first book of the Bible is Genesis and it starts with chapter one, verse one, and it tells us:

“In the beginning God created the heavens and earth.”

“In the beginning God created…”

“In the beginning God…”

God.

May peace be with you all.

A gift from my father




No comments:

Post a Comment